A Yoga Retreat Unlike Any Other
Tammy Pate Horsemanship and Yoga Retreat
SEPTEMBER 12 – 18, 2020
About Tammy Pate
Tammy Pate was literally raised on horseback. Born into a ranching family in Montana, her father was a rodeo steer wrestler who spent his free time teaching Tammy and her sisters all he knew about horsemanship and riding. Her grandmother, Betty, instilled in her the deep values of the ranching life: a reverence for nature and the practical skills ranching families needed for the demands of their rural life.
She married her husband, Curt Pate, who was then a rodeo announcer and followed him into the demanding life of managing a cow camp.
Together they developed innovative, gentle ways of training horses and managing livestock. During this time, she raised her own children, literally, in the saddle, carrying them with her on horseback to work with Curt on the ranch.
These rich experiences, along with a growing interest in the benefits of Yoga on the equestrian body, have led Tammy to share horsemanship knowledge.
Tammy's Horsemanship and Yoga retreats are designed to bring awareness of mental and physical balance, gain confidence and above all, improve communication through timing, balance and feel with your horse.
- How to increase your Inner Balance through a personal yoga practice
- How to be in the proper frame of mind before interacting with your horse
- How to develop feel with your horse through timing and balance
- Practice groundwork that relates to riding
- The behavioral aspects of horses
- Ranch culture
- Situational approaches to safely riding on trails
- How to gain confidence while pushing the edge of your comfort zone