Elkhorn Ranch Winter 2023-24
Private Sleigh Rides
Embark on a private sleigh ride & dining experience through the historic Elkhorn Ranch in the Gallatin Canyon.
Sleigh Rides will run Thursday - Sunday, starting on Thursday, December 14, 2023, and running until Monday, February 19, 2024 (more availability during holiday weeks).
The private experience includes a 30-45-minute sleigh ride around our winter wonderland, through lodgepole pines and snowy fields, filled with mountain views. After touring the property, you’re greeted with refreshments and a warm fire in our cozy log dining room. Relax and warm up as we serve your party appetizers, lunch or dinner, and dessert! Afterward, load back into your sleighs and enjoy a 10-minute ride back to the front gate to your vehicles.
A maximum of 24 guests per experience, each sleigh holds up to 12 people.
* Receive 10% OFF when you book BOTH sleighs! *
10% off Sleigh Ride & Dine Rates, the discount is not applied to alcohol or store purchases.
A valid credit card information is required for reservation.
*Two alcoholic beverages (Beer and wine) per adult (21 or older) are included with your reservation rate.
Additional drinks and upgraded selections are available at an additional cost.
Any cancellations 10 days prior to your sleigh ride will not be charged.
Any cancellations within 10 days of your sleigh ride will be charged 50% of the total amount.
Any Cancellations within 4 days of your sleigh ride will be charged 100% of the total amount.
~ All cancellations must be confirmed via email or by phone by Reservations. ~
Sleigh Season F.A.Q.s
- What should we wear? Layers are always your friend in Montana - summer or winter! A winter coat, a pair of gloves, and a hat are important, and don't forget the long johns! Jeans aren't the warmest on their own and you never know how cold or warm the day may be. It's best to come prepared for very cold temperatures and shed layers as needed. When you arrive at the dining room, we have an entire wall of hooks to hang any snow clothes, coats, layers, etc. that can be shed while you warm up in front of the fire.
- Can we join another party to fill a sleigh? For the comfort and safety of our guests and crew, we are booking ONE party per meal. We encourage each person who books to fill their sleigh as they like. We are able to split the bill amongst anyone who attends.
- We have 13 or 14 in our party, do we have to buy another sleigh? We limit our sleighs to 12 people per sleigh due to overall weight, for the safety of our horses. We may be able to accommodate an additional person or two based on your party's makeup. We ask that any additional requests are made at the time of your booking or via phone afterward. It is always up to our sleigh driver's discretion for any additional guest requests and we will follow up with an answer. If approved, it is an additional $135/per person for Lunch and $175/per person for dinner.
- Can we bring our own alcohol? Due to our Montana State Liquor License, we cannot allow any outside alcohol onto our premises and we are not able to charge a corking fee. Included in the rate are two alcoholic drinks per adult. We offer a variety of Montana Craft Beers, Domestic Beers, and a selection of Black Box red and white wines by the glass to choose from. We also have upgraded bottles of wine available for purchase.
- Is it possible to book a day that you're not open? We will run six days a week during the holiday season and are open on select Mondays in January and February. With advanced notice, we can accommodate sleigh rides on Mondays - Wednesdays, please call if you are interested in booking a day that we are closed. We do not run on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve.
- Can we host a company holiday party or a friends/family holiday celebration? Why yes you can! The Ranch is yours for the time that you're here. We love to get into the holiday festivities and often host company parties and family celebrations around the holiday season. We even have a decorated Christmas tree from the Ranch in our dining room. With notice, we are even able to transport gifts from your vehicles to the dining room upon your arrival so you don't have to bring them in the sleighs. Our outside alcohol rules do apply even for gifts.
- Do you host winter weddings? Yes, we do! We love to host small (24 or under) and low-key weddings at the ranch during our Sleigh Ride Experience. There are two places you can get hitched on the ranch and celebrate in our dining room with close friends and family. Please call if you are interested in hosting your wedding or elopement during our Sleigh Season.
- Do you accommodate dietary restrictions? With advanced notice (at least 10 days before your sleigh ride), our chef, Michael, can accommodate medical and dietary needs.
- How long is the experience? Both our Lunch and Dinner Rides range from two and a half hours to three hours. We encourage everyone to arrive at least 15 minutes before your departure time - Lunch is at noon and Dinner is 4 pm. The horses and sleigh will arrive 15 minutes prior and we will wait up to 15 minutes after departure time before we head back to the barn to contact the reservation.
- How far of a drive are you from Big Sky or Bozeman? Our address is 33133 Gallatin Rd, Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730. We are located 15 miles south of the Big Sky turn-off on HWY 191, we are not located in Gallatin Gateway proper, we are 40 minutes south of it. We like to make sure no one is rushed getting here with the winter roads in the canyon, so you'll want to give yourself at least 25-45 minutes to get here depending on where you are located in Big Sky. We are an hour and 20 minutes from downtown Bozeman, and once again do not like anyone to be rushed in the canyon, therefore you'll want to give yourself at least an hour and a half to safely arrive at the ranch.
- Does your ranch provide transportation to and from Big Sky? No, we do not, but there are a few transportation companies that drive to the ranch.
- Can we stay overnight in one of your cabins? Unfortunately, none of our guest cabins are winterized, therefore we are unable to offer any lodging.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding booking or our sleigh experience, please call 406-995-4291.