Full Family Experience
Watch your children and teenagers spread their wings, gain confidence and independence.
The only people who like our children's program more than kids are the parents who see the confidence, competence, and sheer joy that it brings out in them.
Children thrive on independence at Elkhorn Ranch, though they're never far from expert and watchful supervision.
Our family program makes your Montana dude ranch vacation a mix of shared and independent experiences you’ll never forget.
When not riding, you'll usually find the children playing around the rec hall or at the pond. For parents and grandparents, our Montana guest ranch will be a welcome escape from real-world problems and addictive gadgets.
“Our son had a sense of freedom, a sense of ownership, a sense of self that I can honestly say I had not seen before.” - N.W.
Younger kids will ride, play, and eat together under the supervision of our Peanut Butter Mothers. While Teens will explore the ranch with kids their own age.
Peanuts (Ages 6-12)
- Peanut Butter Mothers are available from breakfast to 8:30 p.m.
- Usually travel as a pack
- Games and rides organized just for them
- Peanuts like to ride, play, and eat together. The PBMs eat meals with the kids, supervise play, organize games, and lead trail rides.
- Jets thrive on their own getting to cover the country on horseback with other kids their own age
- The Jets usually choose to ride, eat, and explore together
- Teenagers are free to stay with the adults if they prefer